Heart2heart Ceremonies

Marlee K Bruinsma, Civil Marriage Celebrant  0437 713 575

Phone 0437713575

Permits for holding your ceremony in a public area

If planning your ceremony in a park or on a beach, you need to contact the local Council responsible for that area to find out about making a booking and paying any fees. If it is a National Park, you need to contact the Department of National Parks, Recreation, Sport and Racing (Queensland) and fill out a form for holding a group activity. In New South Wales, contact Environment and Heritage who have information on venues in national parks and reserves in New South Wales.

Some tips for outdoor ceremonies

In Queensland and northern New South Wales, you can book with the local council to hold your ceremony at a park or beach. Some councils restrict the number of guests and also charge a booking fee.

beach with wedding decorations for ceremony

Gold Coast beaches are a perfect spot for your wedding. You can hold your ceremony directly on the beach or on a wooden platform close by or a lookout.

Local council information on booking parks or beaches:

Gold Coast City Council weddings

Tweed Shire Council weddings

Scenic Rim weddings

Byron Shire Council weddings

Brisbane weddings

Logan City weddings

Ipswich City weddings

Moreton Bay regional weddings

Redland Bay weddings

Sunshine Coast weddings

Byron Headland information

bookings back